20080430

I'm not impressed

What's your name? "John Public, CLU." What's your email address? JQPCLU@aol.com. What do you do for a living? "Oh, I'm a CLU." Do you, John Public, take this woman to be your wife? "Actually, Father, that's John Public, CLU."

If your greatest accomplishment in life is an underwriting certificate, you have failed. If the most valued thing in your life is an underwriting accredation, you're an asshole. And if your name ever has to be succeeded by anything other than "sir" or "may he rest in peace," you're insignificant. In the wise words of Sir Wm. Shakespeare, may he rest in peace: "methinks doth protest too much."

P.S. Same goes for anyone who wants to be referred to "Dr. so-and-so" unless they're on their way to the ER or accepting the Nobel Prize. I have friends who went to school for seven years, too. I graduated in three, so my parents would still be able to retire before they were dead.

No comments: