20080425

Job Satisfaction

So I found out that I have a nickname in one of my satellite offices. “The Executioner.” A clever double meaning from the fact that I ‘execute’ all sorts of regulations that they consider tedious and unnecessarily time-consuming that the person who used to be their contact (who still works here) never enforced, and the fact that I ‘kill’ several of their cases for noncompliance issues which have never before been enforced.

So I guess I could get some satisfaction from my job from knowing that I’m despised by the right people. I’d be more satisfied by working in an industry with spine. My supervisor has to take my side because I’m enforcing actual state laws, and she can’t actively oppose that. She’s more upset, I think, by the fact that it had never been enforced before– you know how that works, give them an inch, they’ll take a mile.

On the bright side, it’s Friday.

I’d like to have a job again where Mondays make me happy. I’m too good for the “TGIF” industry.

No comments: