20080624

I want to work Freelance

I think, ultimately, that's what it comes down to. I know for a fact that I can better manage a workflow than the people I work for now, and I would be able to set my own system, without having to compromise for the people who have been doing things "the way they're done" for the last 15 years. I think it'd give me a genuine edge on corporations which have been operating under the status quo. I have no desire to run my own business, the risk is just way too high.

I guess the concept isn't new. Something like 60% of Americans say they want to be their own boss. But I think most people just say it because they don't want anybody holding them accountable. I think a lot of people just believe that "being your own boss" means you can get up at 10:30, start working sometime around lunch, and call it a day once you're bored a couple hours later.

Besides which, people don't "start" working freelance. People work for a stodgy corporation for 20 years and then go out on their own, taking the corporation's leads with them.

Anyway. Just thinking out loud.

No comments: