20080330

I have five MP3 players.

I've got an old hard-drive MP3 player, a CD MP3 player, an iPod, an iPod shuffle, and an iPod nano. What the fuck? Why in God's name do I have five players? How many hundreds of dollars have I spent so I can listen to music while I'm at work? You know what the bitch of it is? I have iTunes on my work computer. If you really want to be picky about it, I don't need any of them. Well, I need one, for when I'm working out, or in the tub watching TV shows I downloaded off iTunes, or sitting on the MAX.

I, on the other hand, have five.

Two of them are in storage. They're way too outdated. The iPod shuffle is up for bid on eBay; currently, the highest bid is $1.30 (plus shipping). The iPod is the one of the five I actually need. The iPod nano... well, I didn't really mean to buy it, and I tried to change my mind, but my bid was already locked in. I want it because I just got those cool new Nike shoes that track your workout and let you know how you're improving over time, which would be REALLY useful. $130 useful, I don't know, but that's the price I paid.

Ultimately, fuck eBay. I tried it once and ended up with an iPod I don't really want. If I had impulse-bought it from a store, it would come with a return policy. Not eBay. I have to take it, and I didn't even know how much it cost. I thought I was getting it for $50. At the last second, it shot up to $85. Whatever. I'm going to use it for my workout, then I'll give it to my fiancee as a birthday present later this year. She'll love it. Actually, I already told her I got it for her.

No comments: