20080325

Part II

Some Clinton supporters seem to believe she is entitled to
the presidency.
–Gov. Bill Richarson

Aside from the fact that I've been vehemently and vocally fighting the term "entitled" and the people who believe in it for the past couple years, it really reminds me of my dipshit "mentors" at my current job– I clearly know more than them, I'm smarter than them, I'm more destined for success, and better than them in every way, but I don't know the protocol in our department, so I have to sit at their desks and watch them work to see how things are done. Then when I start doing something better than them, or making constructive suggestions on how to save our horribly failing department, they're immediately discredited as naive, that I haven't been here long enough to know "how things are done around here." No, I'm perfectly aware of how things work around here; it works in a way that leads to us getting together every two weeks and asking ourselves why the department is in an allegedly uncontrollable downward spiral. The final resolution of every meeting is every individual concluding that "I get too much work, and everyone else is trying to destroy me," while I go back to my desk and answer all the voicemails from customers who will only talk to me directly because they're disgusted with all of my colleagues. This, after I've been available for customer service for all of 6 weeks.

So yeah, I can relate to the situation Barack Obama's in. I'm the customer trying to call him directly, so I don't have to talk to any of the experienced politicians who "know how things are done around here."

No comments: