20080513

My mindstream

or, "Why I never accomplish anything."

Here is a sample of the voice that goes on inside my head.

God, this is a great idea for a new story. I've got scenes, great jokes... it's about time I wrote an all out comedy. I should start writing it now. I'll get my desk cleaned off and start writing. The dirty kitchen is a bit distracting, though. I can't really focus on writing when the kitchen's that dirty. So let me clean the kitchen really quicklike. Of course, I can't really focus on cleaning the kitchen, because I know it won't make a difference with how dirty the living room is. Let me clean up the living room first. It's a little late to be cleaning the living room, though– by the time I get to vacuuming, it'll already be quiet hours. I can just pick up, I suppose. Of course, picking up will only take me half an hour. I'm still not going to be able to clean the kitchen, of course, until I get the living room vacuumed. I'll at least clean off the dishes in the sink. There, now that that's done, let me pick up the living room. My back's sore, though– they don't make kitchen sinks tall enough for people like me. Kind of makes me a pussy to get a sore back just from washing dishes. Seems strange that I would have to stretch just to do housechores. I'll watch an episode of The Office, give my back a little time to recover, then I'll clean the living room. Oh, I don't have time to watch The Office; I need to make lunch for tomorrow. Damn, nothing really in the fridge that I don't have to cook, and that'll just make dirty dishes. I just cleaned the dishes, I want to wake up at least one morning to a clean sink, if nothing else. It's too late to go to the grocery store and grab something. Maybe I'll just eat out tomorrow for lunch. Wait, shoot, I don't have the money. Ok, I'll just cook something up real quick. Clean up the dishes... meh, I'll do it tomorrow. Ok, now it's time to pick up the front room. Seems a bit silly to clean up the front room when the kitchen's dirty again; it's not like the CDs on the table are going to attract ants, but the dishes will. Fuck it; I'll just go to bed. I'll watch that episode of The Office while I'm falling asleep. I deserve a half hour of leisure after all I did today. Funny show. Gives me some good ideas for that new story I want to write.

No comments: